Name: Tammy Nichols
School: Aspire Alternative Provision
Position held: Centre Manager – The Wycombe Grange site
SLE area of expertise: Behaviour Management and Coaching
- Centre Manager for The Wycombe Grange Site – Management and leadership of the day to day running of the site
- Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Line Management of Work Experience and PSHE
Previous career history:
- I worked for Connexions Buckinghamshire for 12 years as a Personal Adviser working across various schools in Buckinghamshire providing 1-2-1 support to students on Post 16 options and personal development, advisory/support role to SLT in link schools, moving on to a Specialist Personal Adviser role working with pregnant teenagers/teen parents running educational programmes and working on an individual basis.
- I become a Team Leader for 4 years with 11 direct reports and managed the schools contracts to deliver Careers Education, Information and guidance, including intensive support.
- In my own time I was a member of the Management Committee for Wycombe Women’s Aid for a period of 5 years.
What you hope to achieve as an SLE:
I am very excited at the prospect of supporting Behaviour Managers/ Senior Leaders in to developing their behaviour management. I would also like to use Coaching skills as a way of supporting school development. I look forward to working with new colleagues.
Specific areas of expertise and how you might be able to help other schools:
- Coaching key members of staff in schools on Behaviour Management.
- Working with staff to use different techniques and skills to work with challenging young people.