School: Attached to Aspire Alternative Provision
Position held: Former Deputy Headteacher. Left in 2017 to set up as a consultant.
SLE area of expertise: Teaching & Learning and Staff Development
- Teaching & Learning across Aspire
- Curriculum and Timetables
- PGCE, ITT & NQT Professional Tutor
Previous career history:
- Qualified PE teacher since 1997
- Ran Duke of Edinburgh’s Award for 11 years in 2 different schools
- Head of Department (Dance) for 5 years
- Head of Year (various) for 4 years
- AST for Dance for 6 years
- Assistant Head (Teaching and Learning)
What you hope to achieve as an SLE:
I have always loved sharing my enthusiasm for education and supporting colleagues in developing their own practice. I have a keen interest in the learning experience for children and ensuring that our students get the best deal possible. I have always been keen to be innovative in my practice and enjoy working collaboratively with my peers. I see this as an exciting opportunity to extend the previous work I have done and challenge myself even further.
Specific areas of expertise and how you might be able to help other schools:
I have a great deal of experience in supporting and leading colleagues in schools. This has taken the form of coaching, whole staff training and small group sessions. I am confident to offer leadership support as well as developing classroom-based practices.
- Raising standards of whole school Teaching & Learning
- PGCE/ITT/NQT mentoring
- Providing ongoing support and coaching for teachers
- Whole school CPD programmes
- PE and Dance across all key stages
- Developing programmes of study and schemes of work
- Behaviour Management