Name: Sarah Holding
School: Aspire Alternative Provision
Position held: Deputy Headteacher
SLE area of expertise: Inclusion – Behaviour & Attendance , Leadership of SEN
- Strategic lead for SEND & Teaching & Learning
- Strategic lead for whole school CPD
- Line manager for the Outreach Team , Science Department and Teaching & Learning Coach
- Aspire Learning Alliance Lead
Previous career history:
- 18 years teaching in mainstream school, where I was lucky enough, at different times, to have the following responsibilities
- Head of History Department,
- Head of Humanities Faculty,
- Head of PSHE and Citizenship.
- Director of KS4
- Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for Teaching and Learning.
- 10 years as a senior manager at Buckinghamshire County Council, with management responsibility for
- Exclusions and Reintegration
- Education Welfare Service
- Educational Psychology Service
- Specialist Teaching Service
- Safeguarding in Education (now ESAS)
Role then changed and I was given responsibility for developing new ways of working with schools, in light of the changing educational landscape and changing roles and remits.
- Deputy Head at Aspire since 2015.
What you hope to achieve as an SLE:
To work with schools to help develop capability and sustainability.
Specific areas of expertise and how you might be able to help other schools:
- Systems analysis (I have considerable experience of working with schools in auditing their pastoral/inclusion/SEN systems)
- Staff training on behaviour
- I am a qualified Coach, and am able to facilitate coaching conversations with staff so that they can work through improvement.