Name: Iain Watson
School: Aspire Alternative Provision
Position held: Deputy Headteacher
SLE area of expertise: Behaviour & Attendance
- Strategic lead for behaviour
- Strategic Lead for attendance
- Line management for Art, Catering, Vocational curriculum and Humanities
Previous career history:
- Working with Aspire since 2013
- Independent Educational Consultant from 2013 to 2017 specialising in Behaviour, Attendance and Alternative provision. Working with schools and local authorities across Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Berkshire.
- Strategic Lead for Inclusion and Early Intervention – Oxfordshire County Council 2009-2013 (Lead for Educational Psychology Service, Education Welfare Service, Behaviour Support Service, Elective Home Education Service, Children’s Centres (South of county), Early Intervention Hubs (South of county).
- Deputy Headteacher/Lead for Outreach and Re-integration – Haybrook College, Slough. 2004-2008
- Principal Education Welfare Officer, Slough 2001-2004
- Social Worker – Slough, Bracknell, Reading, Wokingham for 10 years.
What you hope to achieve as an SLE:
To provide support, training and guidance to educational professionals in the field of behaviour management and inclusion.
Specific areas of expertise and how you might be able to help other schools:
Training on behaviour management, behaviour coaching, restorative practice, and the holistic understanding of the child/young person.